Setup Arduino IDE for programming esp8266
For ESP8266 With 4M Flash
Use the ESP8266 flasher for Arduino IDE without pressing the reset button. Watch the Video for the demo.
- Install Arduino 1.6.5 from the Arduino website.
- Start Arduino and open Preferences window.
- Enter http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json into Additional Board Manager URLs field. You can add multiple URLs, separating them with commas.
- Open Boards Manager from Tools > Board menu and install esp8266 platform (and don't forget to select your ESP8266 board from Tools > Board menu after installation).
- You can programming ESP8266 module by choose the board type "NodeMCU V1.0" now.
For ESP8266 With Less Flash Size
For ESP-01 or other modules, they have only 512K or 1M flash.
- Choose board type "general esp8266 module"
- Choose correct flash size and spi interface (QIO/DIO)
- Choose "Reset Method" as "nodemcu"
Setup Arduino IDE for programming ESP32
- Choose board type "ESP32 Dev Board"