The Wireless iBeacon Receiver is combined with WiFi module and BLE module. You will need upgrade firmware if you wish to try some experimental feature.
Note: Be careful! These operation may damage the device and can't recovery.
Upgrade firmware for WiFi module
The recent device support OTA features. Please try to upgrade them with these steps.
Note: Internet connection is needed.
- Enable the feature "Auto Update" at config page.
- Report current firmware the device at our support forum
- We'll push the OTA files to online.
Once the OTA files enable, power on the device and the green LED will blink fast a while for OTA upgrade.
Upgrade firmware for BLE module
These operation can be done on Windows only.
- USB to UART converter 3.3V TTL x 1
- Termite - Free Serial Terminal Software
- Power on the device
- Wire the to USB to UART converter to pins U1 (RX - TX, TX - RX, GND
- Open device manager, find the new serial port. It usually shows such as COMxxx
- Open Termite, connect to the serial port. Settings: 115200/8/N/1
- Make the BLE module to upgrade mode. Type AT command
AT+SBLUP. The module will not work as normal now and wait for upgrade.
- Download the SerialBootTool from TI
- Don't forget to close the software termite. It may block the serial port.
- Open the SerialBootTool, Choose the serial port and the firmware
- Click "Load Image"
Wait a while. You will see the words "Download completed successfully". You've done!