In order to upload code to the ESP8266 and use the serial console, connect any data-capable micro USB cable to the ESPea and the other side to your computer's USB port. Install the required CP2104 USB driver to have the COM/Serial port appear properly.
Install the Arduino IDE 1.6.8 or greater
Download Arduino IDE from Arduino.cc (1.6.8 or greater)! You can use your existing IDE if you have already installed it
Install the ESP8266 Board Package
There is some ways to install hardware package, choose one you like
Setup ESP8266 Support
- After install hardware package, you will see NodeMCU boards in the Tools→Board:xxx.
- Choose NodeMCU 1.0 and the matching COM port for CP2104
- Choose the example in File -> Examples -> ESP8266 -> Blink
- Now you can simply upload!
- The sketch will start immediately - you'll see the LED blinking.