The BlueDuino has a built-in BLE module. The firmware for the BLE module can be upgrade if the device name for BLE module is "ZeroBeacon".
- These steps can be done on the Windows only.
- Be careful! These steps may damage the BlueDuino and make it brick.
How to upgrade the firmware
Prepare the BlueDuino
- Short the jumper 1.
- Short the jumper 2.
Just connect the three pads with soldering.
Change the BlueDuino to upgrade mode
- Open the Arduino IDE
- Choose right board and serial port etc
- Upload the sketch soft_serial_leonardo.ino to BlueDuino
- Open the "serial monitor" of Arduino IDE and input some AT commands
The BlueDuino goes to upgrade mode now. It will not accept any other AT commands.
- Upload the sketch ble_upgrade.ino to BlueDuino
- Download the SerialBootTool from TI
- Open a serial client such as CoolTerm, Open the serial port with setup 115200, 8, n, 1
- If you have seen the words "I'm ready for upgrade.", go to step 5
- If you haven't seen the words "I'm ready for upgrade.", Re-plug the BlueDuino to another usb port and reconnect the serial port.
- Close the CoolTerm or the client you connect to serial port.
- Open the SerialBootTool, Choose the serial port and the firmware
- Click "Load Image"
Wait a while. You will see the words "Download completed successfully"
Don't forget to cut the jumper 1 & 2.