AprilBeacon based on DA14580
- iBeacon Certified - All features of iBeacon supported.
- ProximityUUID/major/minor/advertising interval configuable
- Maintenance Cost and Maximum battery life
- Using Dialog DA14580 chips, in same Tx power and Advertising interval configuration, double or triple battery lifetime of Nordic nrf51822 chips. Six battery lifetime of TI CC254x chips.
- Fine tuned antenna, optimized transmit strength, covering same range using lower Tx power.
- CR2450 coin cell battery (500mAh)
|Dimensions||Diameter 31mm, Thickness 9mm|
|Protocol standard||Bluetooth® 4.0 Through the iBeacon certification|
|System Requirements||iOS7.0 or above/ Android 4.3 or above|
|Security||Suport password for configure parameters|
|Transmission Range||Up to 35m|
|Broadcast Frequency (Broadcasting time interval)||Adjustable (100~1285ms)|
Low power consumption
The power consumption of the different advertising events and the sleep modes of the Beacon device. The tests have been executed using the output power set to 0 dBm.
The Beacon device uses the non-connectable advertising mode (Beacon mode). In this mode, the AprilBeacon DA transmits advertising packets in all three advertising PHY channels without listening for packet reception. Avoiding the reception process results in improved power consumption compared with connectable advertising mode. When using connectable advertising (Peripheral mode), the Rx slots are used, which has an impact on the energy consumption as shown in upper table.
|Beacon mode (non-connectable advertising)||967uA||9.85ms||9.53uC|
|Peripheral mode (connectable advertising)||967uA||12.56ms||12.15uC|
|Extended sleep mode||1.34uA||-||-|
Based on the different scenarios and the power consumption measurements shown in upper talbe, the expected lifetimes of CR2477 and CR2032 coin cell batteries have been calculated.
|Scenario||Advertising interval||Battery lifetime CR2477 (1000mAh)||Battery lifetime CR2032 (240mAh)|
|1 Tx peripheral mode per 3 Tx BEACON events||100ms||13.5 months||3.5 months|
|1 Tx peripheral mode per 3 Tx BEACON events||500ms||60 months||17.5 months|
|1 Tx peripheral mode per 3 Tx BEACON events||1000ms||120 months||35 months|
Configurable by App AprilBeacon
Download app AprilBeacon from Apple App Store for configure AprilBeacon.